Friday, February 28, 2014

Escape

There comes a time when we all must take time away from what has become our daily lives.

I know I have stated that we much walk to reach our destination, but we should not just walk blindly. Sometimes it is good to stop and survey the area, see your options, see what you have been doing for what it is. Keeping up the same pattern day in and day out is like walking in circles. You know your doing something but you never are truly getting anywhere. How would you know you are doing this unless you took a look at it from a different point of view.

My current job serves it's purpose, income to maintain a comfortable living for me and my family. That is all. It does not provide peace of mind, there is no real purpose or greater meaning in it. It is a drain on spirit. I need to progress grow and where I am now they only mire you down in the bog and sap you dry till your nothing but bones. Hardly a quid pro qou.

The moment you life starts losing meaning is when your existence is in danger. We cannot jeopardize our existence and throw away purpose for a dollar sign. There will never be enough money in the world to match that of a human life with it's infinite potential. Money being an essentially made up standard of value.

I am becoming comfortable and fat for the slaughter. I need to bring purpose back into my life, not just for myself but as example to my children.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I hope you have been well.

    All these months since I last got your message on my blog I've kept thinking I have to reply to you, but I never did.
    I'm sorry.

    I just want you to say again how much I appreciate those kind words you sent me.

    I really, really thank you.

    Take care of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern and for stopping by my blog.

      I know you are often quite busy so I don't mind if you take your time to respond. I don't want to add to your obligations after all.

      I am inspired by your creative energy and hard work! Kind words are the least I can offer in return!

      Thank you for being so kind!

      Delete
    2. I've been really worried about you, because you seemed to be so down.

      I'm just glad you're alright!

      I'm really inspired by you too. I hope we can keep in touch!

      Delete
    3. To be honest I am in a bit of a rough patch. There is an important change I need to make in my life and it leaves me feeling very anxious. I am being stifled by someone that should be a source of support.

      Despite heavy burdens, I know that as long as I draw breath there is hope in each day and each coming moment and I will never abandon that or those I care for.

      I feel that by sharing in intellectual expression we have forged a friendship that I cherish. I will do my best to keep in touch!

      Delete
    4. I'm sorry that things have been difficult for you.
      I recently showed this quote from Virgil's Aeneid Book I to my friend, who is also going through a hard time. I hope you will console you a bit too...

      O friends (well, we were not unknown to trouble before)

      O you who’ve endured worse, the god will grant an end to this too.

      ...remember your courage and chase away gloomy fears:

      perhaps one day you’ll even delight in remembering this.

      ...Endure, and preserve yourselves for happier days.


      Remember also there are people who love you!

      Delete
    5. You have a wealth of good references and texts! I will look forward and move with a sense of purpose knowing that the future holds much to look forward to. I have endured worse and this is trivial in the scheme of life.

      Thank you for bolstering my resolve!

      Delete